BIKES THAT CHANGE LIVES
La Ruta Minera 2020 will collaborate in the provision of bicycles project for young students of secondary of the Vicente Ferrer Foundation. The Vicente Ferrer Foundation is a development NGO committed since 1969 with the process of transforming one of the most impoverished areas of southern India: the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
WHEN A BIKE IS MORE THAN A BIKE
In India, a bicycle is much more than a transport or leisure vehicle, as it is for us. For most young people, a bicycle is a way of social integration and an oportunity to have a future
In the Anantapur and Kurnool districts, thousands of high school students cannot continue their studies because they live far from their schools, between six and nine kilometers.
The lack of economic resources of the families, the absence of public transportation and the insecurity of the roads, especially for child and girls (recent studies shown that in India every 4 seconds there are a sexual assault), very often force the early abandonment of studies.
THE BICYCLE ALLOWS YOUNG PEOPLE GOING TO SCHOOL IN LESS TIME AND IN A GROUP, REDUCING INSECURITY AND MAKING THE JOURNEY EASIER.
WHAT’S THE GOAL OF MY DONATION?
It will be use to distribute bicycles to young students between 11 and 16 years of age.
- The bicycle is a fast and safe means of transport.
- Commute in groups, reducing time and insecurity.
- Reduces dropping out of school, especially in secondary education.
Since the beginning of the bicycle program in 2007, the Foundation has delivered more than 26,000 bicycles to children in order to avoid dropping out of school.
- School year 2018 – 2019: 3,024 youth have received their bike.
- 80% of students continue with their high school studies.
- Allows awareness of the importance of education by the families.
- The price of every bicycle is € 52.
- The overall objective of our collaboration is € 2,900.
- You can follow the evolution of donations through our website.
- If you want to know the work of the Vicente Ferrer Foundation in India, all collaborators have three nights ans four days of free accommodation on the Foundation’s campus in Anantapur.
HOW CAN I COLLABORATE?
You can do your collaboration with the project during the registration process. You can choose the donation of 2€, 5€ or 10€ on a voluntary basis.
On our website you can track daily the evolution of donations and after the cyclosportive we will donate the money collected. The entire process will be carried out with total transparency.
If you want to make a donation without registering for the cyclosportive, you can make a donation to the current account ES64 0081 0065 1900 01857886. Concept: Club Ciclista La Minera + your name
Donations over € 50 can be tax deductible. In this case, it is indispensable that you send an email with your details to email@example.com and at the end of the project you will receive your tax certificate from the Vicente Ferrer Foundation