Regulation La Ruta Minera
All the Road Cyclosportives organized by the Catalan Cycling Federation have a common regulation. We recommend reading it to have an accurate knowledge about all the aspects involved in your participation in a cyclosportive.
This regulation is adjusted in a generic way but another regulations, regarding traffic conditions and other control measures, the administrative authorization issued by the Catalan Traffic Service, and the directives and recommendations of the Mossos d’Esquadra (autonomic police) considers appropriate on the cyclosportive’s day.
Article 1: TECHNICAL DETAILS OF THE CYCLOSPORTIVE
- El Club Ciclista la Ruta Minera (from now “the Organiser”) organizes the 7th Edition of the Berga’s Cyclosportive: La Ruta Minera (from now “the Cyclosportive”).
- The Cyclosportive will be held on Sunday, 28th June 2020 . The departure time will be at 07:30 am.
- Berga (Province of Barcelona) will be the departure’s place.
- The Organizer proposes two routes:: La Ruta Minera : 154km / 3.800m accumulated gradient / La Pedraforca: 116km / 2.800m accumulated gradient
- The contact information of the Organizer are: Mobile phone: 619 769 717 / 661 859 786 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 2: LEGISLATION AND RULES
- The Cyclosportive is a road cycling event regulated by the “Cycling for All” program of the Royal Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) understanding cycling as a physical activity with a sportive, leisure, touristic and cultural purposes. The Cyclosportive will be subject to the provisions of Articles 15 and following of the Annex II Royal Decree 1428/2003, on 21 st November, approved by the General Traffic Regulations for the implementation and development of the text of the Traffic Law, circulation of motor vehicules and road safety, approved by Royal Decree 339/1990, on 2 March.
- Being a Gran Fondo routes- over 130 km or an accumulated gradient above 2.000 metres-, the minimum participation age is 18 years old, turned during the Cyclosportive’s year.
- Route is non-competitive. The traffic will be open, so the participants must respect the current traffic laws ( Llei de Seguretat Vial (Law of Road Safety) and the Codi de Circulació (Traffic Code)). The organizer will improve the security of the participants in those points where the interaction with the road users could increase the risk for the participants.
Article 3: REGISTRATION AND PRICES
- Registration must be done via www.larutaminera.org/inscripcio by Payment·Gateway “TempsXCurses”, or in-person registration in the places authorised by the Organizer (see REGISTRATION). In this last case, the final price will be, throughout the period of early and regular registration, as “Regular registration”
- The Early Registration, from the opening of the registration period February 10, 2020 at 10:00h to April 19, 2020 at 24:00h will be 37 euros.
- From this moment until June 21, 2020 at 24:00 h, registration will be considered as “Regular Registration” and will have a charge of 5 euros, being the final price 42 euros. From this day, until the cyclosportive’s day June 28 till 07:15 it will be possible to register subject to availability at a rate of 56 euros. From this moment registrations will close permanently.
- After the data limit, registrations will not be accepted by the Organiser.
If the limit 1000 participants is achieved, the registrations will be closed automatically
- Registration entitles the rider to take part in the cyclosportive, as well as the sports number and / or identification plate, road book, gifts and use of the services offered by the Organizer.
- The organization has relied the timekeeping to the company TempsXCurses. Therefore the “yellow chip” will not be needed in this Cyclosportive. The participant must follow the instructions provided by the Organizer to do the Cyclosportive’s registration and for its correct use.
Article 4: LICENSES
- To participate in the Cyclosportive is compulsory to be federated with a license valid for the current year and issued by the Real Federación Española de Ciclismo (RFEC), FCC or any UCI member cyclist federation.
- If you do not have federative license, must sign a compulsory one day insurance, valid only for the Berga’s cyclosportive. For the season 2020, the added cost of this insurance is 8 euros and it must be paid at the time of enrollment. The day of the event, together with the number, we will deliver a receipt of this insurance that the participants must carry with them during the Cyclosportive.
Article 5: REFUND AND NON TRANSFERABILITY OF REGISTRATIONS
- Entries will be considered as definitive when paid. Registration refund will not be possible if you are not able to participate in the cyclosportive . In this case, The Organizer will deliver the commemorative gift to the place and during the dates given by the participant. In case of postponement, registrations will be valid if the cyclosportive is held within the year. The registration will not be saved for the next year edition.
- Registration is personal and non transferable and can not be used by a person other than the registered. It is not possible to use another participant’s sports number. In this case, the Organizer reserves the right to penalize both participants.
Article 6: SPORTS NUMBER COLLECTION
- The sports numbre pick-up will be at Berga’s Municipal sports Center, the day before the cyclosportive June 27 from 16:30 to 20:30 and the Cyclosportive day from 06:00 to 07:15.
- In order to collect their sports number, it will be compulsory the participant identification . Therefore, it will be COMPULSORY the presentation of any identifying document (ID card, driving license, passport) and the current federative license, if you have it. During the registration process it must be accepted the “Cyclist’s Statement” which inform about the risks involved in participating and excludimg the Organizer from any responsibilities in case of any incident or accident resulting from the Cyclosportive’s participation.
- To collect the sports number for another participant, you will need to bring their ID photocopy and the federative license, if it is the case, as well as an authorization signed by them.
- Bay no means the organizer will deliver the sport number to any person instead of the participant . The resale registration rights and the consequent participation with another person sports number can imply penalties for both seller and buyer and the possibility to apply actions against both of them.
Article 7: TIMETABLE AND OUT-OF-CYCLOSPORTIVE TIME
- Along the route, time-out check points will be established :
|Guardiola de Berguedà feeding zone||50,7||10:30|
|Gósol. B-400 junction||74,6||12:15|
|Tuixent feeding zone||95,3||13:45|
- The closing time of the arrival area will be at 17:30 h.
- Participants who have exceeded the time schedule, but still want to continue the cyclosportive route will do it under their full responsibility and risk, because the Organizer will consider them as a cyclists outside the Cyclosportive and can not give them services such as feeding, mechanical or sanitary assistance , and therefore, they exempt the Organizer from any claim related to this issue.
Article 8: FEEDING ZONES
- LA RUTA MINERA
|TYPE OF FEEDING||LOCATION||KM.|
|Full Solid / liquid||Guardiola de Berguedà||50,7|
|Full Solid / liquid||Coll de Pradell||67,8|
|Full Solid / liquid||Tuixent||95,3|
|Full Solid / liquid||Sant Llorenç de Morunys||122,4|
- LA PEDRAFORCA
|TYPE OF FEEDING||LOCATION||KM.|
|Full Solid / liquid||Alt de Maçaners||29,1|
|Full Solid / liquid||Tuixent||56,9|
|Full Solid / liquid||Sant Llorenç de Morunys||83,9|
- LA PRADELL
|TYPE OF FEEDING||LOCATION||KM.|
|Full Solid / liquid||Coll de Pradell||33,1|
|Full Solid / liquid||Tuixent||61,1|
|Full Solid / liquid||Sant Llorenç de Morunys||87,7|
- At the end of the Cyclosportive and until 18:00 hours there will be a final meal for all participants.
- To provisioning, participants must stop in feeding zones designated for this purpose. The Organizer is forbidden to offer food and drinks outside these areas and cyclists in movement.
- Participants must deposit the waste in designated areas that will be located in feeding zones. Throw rubbish outside these areas will be penalized.
- The Organizer will not supply food and drink to cyclists who are not identified as participants in the Cyclosportive.
Article 9: SERVICES PRE AND POST CYCLOSPORTIVE
- There will be a parking area for vehicles properly signalized and will be opened since 06:00 am.
- Before the Cyclosportive, in the sport numbers collection area, there will be toilets properly signalized.
- After the Cyclosportive, the cyclists will have shower rooms available and a final meal.
Article 10: PROTECTION AND ASSISTANCE
- There will count of the presence of official vehicles and personnel such as Mossos d’Esquadra (Autonomous Police) and Local Police.
- These official personnel could be supported by Civil Defence staff.
- Organizer’s vehicles properly identified will be present, such as Ambulances, broom wagon, assistance, etc..
- Mechanical assistance for serious breakdowns will be offered . The labor cost will be free, but the participant must pay·for the installed material.
- The Organizer will also put indicative signs, signalizations, arrows and volunteers properly identified in those places that could be useful for the participants,as long as it could be possible. The participant must know that the signalization is not compulsory for the Organizer and it works as a mere information . Therefore, the cyclist exonerates the Organizer of the elements that have not been well placed and disclaims making any legal action against the Organizer and accepts their own responsibility fulfilling the traffic rules, ensuring their own safety and that of other participants and users of the public roads.
- The Organizer will provide the assistance according to their possibilities, and helping the participant in the process to sent the report to the health insurance company covered by the federative license or the daily insurance. The same way, the Organizer decline any responsibility about the loss or damage of personal objects during the Cyclosportive , either by theft or other circumstances. The participant, merely for participating, declines to make any legal action against the Organization.
- All participants of the Cyclosportive, merely by the possession of the federative license or daily license, are covered both medical and civil responsibility . For cyclists olders than 16 years with federative license given by the FCC, the medical assistance policy number 16FD0007 offered by AYAX (Lloyd’s) guarantees coverage for accidents and liability policy number 8-5.581.609-W of Catalana Occidente company guarantees coverage of public liability regarding personal injury, material and damages. For one day license users given by the FCC, the medical assistance policy number 16FD0007 offered by AYAX (Lloyd’s) guarantees coverage for accidents and liability policy number 8-5.581.609-W of Catalana Occidente company guarantees coverage of public liability regarding personal injury. The FCC website, section “Documentació > Llicència” you will find all the information about the medical centers and protocols in case of accident, as well as detailed information about each insurance policy.
Article 11: PARTICIPANT’S OBLIGATIONS
- Helmet must be worn by all participants.
- Cyclist must put their sports number in a visible place.
- Traffic rules and the Road Safety Law and Highway Code must be respected . The participant must know that the road surface could have deficiencies , narrow zones and dangerous curves, per la qual cosa l’Organitzador li demana extremar la prudència i el participant eximeix l’Organitzador per qualsevol incident o accident derivat de la seva participació a La Marxa.
- The participants must also take care about the route and natural environment and garbage must be threw on the trash cans provided by the Organizer.
- Participants must pass all the checkpoints along the route, including the one on the starting line.
- In case of withdraw or accident, the participant must call to one of the following Organizer telephone numbers: 619 769 717 / 661 859 786
- Participants can not be assisted or towed by any vehicle apart from the organization ones .
- The cyclist must accept the document “Cyclist’s statement” that informs the risks associated with participation and exclude the Organizer responsibilities in case of any incident or accident caused by participation in the Cyclosportive. In the case of on-line registration, this document is visible at the moment to do the registration and it is compulsory to accept it in order to successfully complete the process. If it is not accepted at this time, it must be signed at the time of collecting the sports number before departure.
- The participant, when they are registered on the Cyclosportive, accepts all the terms of the present regulation. If the participant fail to comply with one of the rules described on this section, it will have as a consequence the automatic disqualification of the participant. .
Article 12: THE ORGANIZER RIGHTS
- The Organizer will give the best medical assistance they can offer if the participant has an accident, allowing the participant to have the medical service offered by the organizer. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any indebts the participants can incur during the Cyclosportive.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify matters related with the feeding zones location, route, awards, etc.. Civil Protection staff and / or Catalan Traffic Service reserves the right to modify the itinerary if there are reasons to justify these changes, and the Organizer must inform about this changes to the participants, through the loudspeakers and/or with specific signalization during the route.
- At any time, The Organizer reserves the right to neutralize the Cyclosportive and also the right to resolve, under its criteria, any incident that may occur during the Cyclosportive.
- Because of force majeure (bad weather or any other) would impede the Cyclosportive’s celebration on the scheduled day, Organizer does not refund registration but participants will receive the corresponding gift, if the organizer has the intention to give it, to the participants. The Organizer has the authority, however, postpone the Cyclosportive to a new date if the calendar and / or traffic authorities allow them to do it.
- The Organizer have the right to refuse admission in the Cyclosportive.
Article 13: PENALITZACIONS
The Organizer also promises to notify the authorities those cyclsits who do not respect the General Traffic Regulations in force. All those who do not respect the conditions, should be disqualified from The Cyclosportive. In particular, these behaviours will be controlled:
- Do not respect the instructions of the authorities and / or the Organizer.
- Do not pass through start check-point or intermediate check-points.
- Dirty or deteriorate the route or the natural environment.
- Circulation with a supporting car.
- Impede the normal development of the Cyclosportive with inappropriate behaviour and lack of respect for the rules .
Article 14: IMAGE RIGHTS
The acceptance of these rules implies that the participants authorize the Organizer the partial of total recording of their participation, give their approvation to use their image to promote and spread the Cyclosportive images in all the formats (radio, press, video, photo, DVD, internet, posters, mass media, etc.) and give the Organizer all the rights related to commercial explotation and advertisements that consider necessary to do, without any right on their part to receive any economic compensation.
The Organizer guarantees full compliance of the Personal Data Protection Act, and, according to Law 15/1999, the participant is informed and consents to the inclusion of their data in computer files by the Organizer and the treatment thereof for use in relation to the implementation of administrative, commercial and other activities.
Participants agree that their data may be transferred only to activities necessary for the proper execution of management and internal administration of the Organizer. Likewise, the participants agree that the Organizer sends them information about news, procedures or services related with the Cyclosportive. The acceptance by the participants of their data can be processed or transferred in the way that this paragraph, has, is always revocable, without retroactive effects, as it is described in the Articles 6 and 11 of Organic Law 15/1999 on 13 December.
The personal registration data, together with the sports number, will be available to the Catalan Traffic Service, and the Generalitat de Catalunya Police , in order to control and guard the Cyclosportive, especially related with the non-competitive behaviour of its participants as this kind of sport activities share the road with the regular users of the roads.
En quant a la política de privacitat, l’Organitzador assegura al participant, en tot cas, l’exercici dels drets d’accés, rectificació, cancel·lació i oposició, en els termes establerts en la legislació vigent, mitjançant escrit dirigit a Club Ciclista la Ruta Minera, al correu electrònic email@example.com, essent responsable del fitxer.
This Regulation is written repecting all the articles of the “Cyclosportive’s regulations for the season 2017 of the Catalan Cycling Federation”
CYCLOSPORTIVE’S PARTICULAR ARTICLES
- In case of any cyclists participate in the Cyclosportive with a sport number not belonging to them, the Organizer will not take charge of those participants.
The organization is not responsible for any problems or offer any coverage for cyclists who do not have the number corresponding to participate in the current edition of the Cyclosportive.
- The cyclosportive will have a timing system by chip, the participants must keep in mind that final time will be only given if they pass all the control points, including start and arrival., including the start line check point.
- The Organisation reserves the right to cancel·the cyclosportive if we do not achive the minimum level of participation or for any external cause which do not allow to mantain the minimum standar levels of quality. In this case, the Organizer commits to inform the participants about the·the cyclosportive’s cancellation and to refund the fee.
- It will be possible to make the participant’s change before 24.00h on June 14, 2020.
To make the change you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the confirmation email as the participant is already registered and the data of the new one. The conditions for each type of change are the following:
- If the resgistered one is federated and the substitute is too: No cost change
- If the registered one is not federated and neither is the new one: No cost change
- If the registered one is federated and the new one is not federated: The new participant must transfer 8€ in the account of the Banc de Sabadell IBAN: ES64 0081 0065 1900 01857886. Club Ciclista la Ruta Minera. The transfer costs will be in charge of the new participant. The change will not be made until the payment have been made by the new participant.
- If the registered one is not federated and the new participant is federated: The organization will not refund the 8€ of the one-day insurance.
- In no case the registration fee will be refunded.
Checking the verification checkbox of this statement on the payment gateway, the participant who is doing the registration to participate on June 28, 2020 to the cyclosportive organised by the CLUB CICLISTA LA RUTA MINERA (hereinafter “The Organiser”), declares:
- I am aware of the Cyclosportive regulations available on the Organizer website and I completely accept it..
- I declare I have or I will have during this year the minimum required legal age to participate in the Cyclosportive, as it is detailed on the point 3b of the Catalan Cycling Federation Cyclosportive’s Regulations.
- I am aware that the Cyclosportive is a non competitive cyclosportive and, therefore, there will not be any similarity with a competitive cycling race..
- The Cyclosportive moves through open traffic roads and I will circulate respecting the traffic signals and specially the indications of the traffic police, civil service agents and the Organizer’s members..
- I accept the associated risks to an open traffic road route..
- I commit to fulfil the regulations of the Road Safety Law, looking after my own security and also after the other participants and the public roads users’ security..
- I exempt the Organizer, its president, its directve board, the Catalan Cycling Federation, and/or any other natural or legal person linked to the Cyclosportive’s organization from any responsibilities derived from any accident caused by traffic circulation or by sports accident.
- I exempt the persons and organizations related above from any damage that, due to health concerns, can derive from my participation in the Cyclosportive, assuming myself the health inherent risks related to a sport activity and my participation in the Cyclosportive..
I know the own risks related to the participation in the Cyclosportive, like:
- Existence of all kind of vehicles not linked to the Organizer and circulating along the Cyclosportive’s route.
- The vehicles mentioned above will circulate through the cyclist as regular users of the road. .
- I accept and know that I will find all kind of vehicles circulating in either direction sense.
- I accept and know that there are crossroads not regulated by the Organizer and all kind of vehicles can join the Cyclosportive’s route..
- There are dangerous sections where I must use extreme caution.
- There are long and curved descents where I must reduce my speed in order to avoid personal or alien damages.
- There are sections where the road conservation does not have the suitable safety conditions and I will exempt the Organizer from any responsibility for the damage I could suffer by a deficient conservation of the road or the road infrastructure.
- Exists the possibility I suffer a sport accident caused by cycling practice itself, and I assume my responsibility for the accidents I can cause to another participants of the Cyclosportive, exempting the Organizer from any responsibility for the damage derived from those accidents.
- Exists the possibility to cause an accident to third persons not related with the Cyclosportive, and I assume my own responsibility for those accidents and I exempt the Organizer from any responsibility for the damage derived from them..